SwampWorks - Safe Navigation in Challenging Environments
The SwampWorks version of HammerHead builds upon the HammerHead system to increase the capabilities and operating environment of this passive detection system in harsh environments.
- Design, fabrication, integration, and testing of a sensing/autonomy system onboard a USV that can safely operate in challenging environments (Sea State 3, intermittent sensor feed, night/fog)
- Demonstrate night-time operations
- Demonstrate safer daytime operations
- Demonstrate environmentally aware autonomous perception
- Demonstrate more/less/no COLREGS compliance based on human set parameters and autonomous evaluation of current surroundings
Description of Technology
- A follow on system to the HammerHead that incorporates additional cameras for stereo IR and color EO capabilities in order to operate in more challenging environments.